01/04/14 - What's In My Bag

I would like to start this post with an apology.  I know that I've been a bit AWOL from the old blogging sphere recently; no new posts on here, my Bloglovin application on Google Chrome is constantly warning me that I have '+99' unread posts...it's been a bit of a disaster.  As some of you may know, I have just started a new job which requires me to work some pretty long days and spend a lot of time commuting.  While three hours (at least) a day on a train is great post-planning time, it's not conducive to actually creating said posts.  Hopefully the lighter evenings will mean I can take photos after work sometimes and once I start getting paid, I might have some cash to do exciting things to tell you about.  Until then, please bear with me.  I appreciate every single person who reads this blog and I really love doing it, so I just need to find a way to strike the balance between work and writing. 

Now let's crack on!  This is something of a handy filler post for anyone feeling a little uninspired as it's a nice easy one to do, but at least that makes it perfect for my needs...something nice and quick to let you know that I've not forgotten about you.  I've been wanting to do a What's In My Bag post for ages but I've only recently had a bag I felt was worth blogging about.

This beauty is the Zara Combined Office City Bag and I looooove it.  It features the front white pocket with a red zipped pouch/clutch bag inside and a large inside section with a couple of smaller pockets built into the back wall (is that the right term? I'm sure you all know what I mean regardless).  I tend to overstuff my handbags a little, so investing in a properly gorgeous one was kind of my way of paring back what I carry with me; the last thing I want it to wreck my bag by squeezing too much junk into it.

On an average day, this is more or less what I have with me.  For work, I might sometimes have a packed lunch in there (not as often as I should do, bad Hannah) and often a folder with all kinds of bits and pieces of paper that I need for the day or week.  There's normally a lipbalm in my bag as well, but I know for a fact that the one that was currently residing in here has been relocated to the pocket of my leather jacket for reasons I can't quite recall.




Let's begin with the front section.  The red pouch is so handy and makes a lovely clutch when removed from the rest of the bag.  It also houses the little bits and bobs that might get lost at the bottom of the main section.

1) I couldn't tell you where this little mirror came from, but it's incredibly handy for carrying around.  The baby blue leather(ish) is cute too.
2) NARS bronzer in Laguna, something I mostly carry around for the large mirror rather than because I feel the need to bronze up at intervals throughout the day.  I mostly just use it for contouring.
3) Collection black eye definer.  I never leave home without some form of pencil eye liner and this retractable little number never needs to be sharpened.  Lovely smooth formula as well.
4) L'Occitane hand cream in Date Bouquet, another thing I will never not have in my bag.  This one came off the front of a magazine a while ago and is lasting amazingly well, with a gorgeous scent.
5) Collection pressed powder in whatever the palest shade is, and a little brush which I believe is from Superdrug.  Handy for those all important shiny moments which are often unavoidable.
6) Tic Tacs, as those packed lunches I mentioned earlier almost always feature onion.  I'm an onion fiend, which isn't great when my job involves talking to people all day.
7) Gloves from Asda.  These probably won't be a permanent feature in my bag as we get further into the summer but they make me feel super sophisticated when I wear them.





And now onto the main event!
1) I always have a book or my Kindle with me for those long monotonous train journeys.  Obviously it's not always Megan Abbott's Dare Me but I'm really enjoying it so far.  If you want to know more about what I'm reading, check out my Goodreads - I promise I'll stop nagging about that soon...
2) My trusty Filofax is the reason I get anything done in my life without having a breakdown.  I have the personal sized Saffiano and I adore it.  Without it, I would be at a loss.
3) Until a few days ago, I didn't actually own a working umbrella; it turns out I have a real knack for breaking them.  But after getting utterly drenched, I invested in this handy dandy bag-sized one.  Everyone should have one, it's just common sense.
4) My Bobble bottle is another one of my life's loves right now.  Not only does it encourage me to drink more water, the filter means that I can worry slightly less about the water I'm drinking when I fill up straight from a tap.
5) Passport, fairly self-explanatory.  I couldn't tell you where the funky shiny holder is from as I have had it for years.
6) I never leave home without my iPod.  Ever.  It's full of audiobooks and musical theatre soundtracks and all the things I need to not go insane when I'm travelling.  It too has a funky turquoise case, but you can't see it.
7) Throat lozenges are a must, because my job involves a lot of talking.  I can't afford to be croaking all over the place.  Ricola are great, but I also love Vocalzones for something a little more heavy duty.
8) My purse in invariably stuffed with more receipts and used train tickets than actual money.  I bought it from TK Maxx about three years ago and it's by Fenn Wright Manson.
9) Perfume is another handy little addition.  This particular one is from Zara and it's called 1193 Nanjing West RD Shanghai.  I think they did a sort of...cities range (?) at some point, because I got a set of three and they all have different addresses as names.  This scent is quite mature for me perfume-wise but I like it, and the Zara rollerballs are incredibly reasonably priced.

I realise that this has been a very lengthy What's In My Bag post and that very few people will really care enough to have read all the way to the end.  I got a bit carried away and before I knew it I'd rambled on for a really long time so if you've made it through, congratulations!  


If you've done a WIMB post on your blog, link me in the comments!  I'm so nosy, I love reading them.

5 comments:

  1. I still need to get myself one of those water bottles! Love the bag :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously recommend it, such a good investment and definitely makes me drink more water! xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that NARS bronzer! and I am also always carrying a little umbrella, you just never know in this country!!

    xXx
    Blog: http://unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.blogspot.com
    Shop: http://unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.tictail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only bronzer I ever use...I'm way too pale for most! And the umbrella is a more recent investment because I learned the hard way that you can't take your chances with the English weather haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous bag! How was the material?

    Would this bag fit a 15" laptop :)

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete