23/03/13 - Lonely Musings

So it's the Easter holidays.  For most students, this means three weeks of free food at home, catching up with friends you haven't seen since Christmas, and overdosing on chocolate.  But for third years, it entails much more stress than this - writing dissertations, organising revision notes and generally having a minor breakdown over the ever-encroaching graduation day.  And I've spent the first week of the Easter break 'getting lots of work done' by myself at uni.  While it has been mildly productive, it has mostly been a week of me desperately trying to eat healthily (difficult with no one here to judge me for eating a whole packet of biscuits) and belting out various musical theatre songs without worrying about disturbing anyone.  And while that was great for a couple of days, I feel like I'm going slightly insane.  This has ingrained in me the fact that I don't think I would cope well living totally by myself - honestly, it's a good job I haven't got enough money to buy wine, because loneliness and boredom could easily turn me into an alcoholic.  I spend most of my time feeling like I really need a large gin and slimline.  I've been substituting alcohol with copious amounts of black coffee and it's just not quite the same.



I've had a couple of fun breaks; coffee with a lovely friend who is also here trying to work, and I went to see 'Oz the Great and Powerful' on Wednesday night.  I enjoyed the film much more than I expected to, having not heard great things about it.  Normally 3D gives me a headache and I don't really see the point of it, but I found that it actually enhanced the watching experience.  And the cast is very good - James Franco for the ladies, and Mila Kunis in the tightest leather trousers for the blokes...and the ladies, as I have a self-confessed girl crush on Miss Kunis.  I'm considering writing a full review of the film, so if that's something you would be interested in, let me know in the comments!  That was a really fun evening as the two friends I went to the cinema with (Matt and Alistair) are always a bad influence on me - the early night and productive morning I had planned went right out of the window, and I ended up walking home from Matt's the next day at midday having gorged myself on Disaronno and McDonalds.  I'm definitely going to miss the student life.

I've also been exploring career options for after graduation.  After searching through endless graduate schemes and internships which didn't catch my fancy, I then spent getting on towards three hours watching YouTube videos about being a Disney cast member.  So that's that decided.


Sorry that this post has been a bit dull and all over the place.  I really just wanted something a bit different to do, and it's been a while since I posted something on here...largely because, as you can see, not a lot has been happening.  Any photos that I could include would just feature endless bowls of cous cous and me in my pyjamas dying in a nest made of notes and guilt.  And no one wants that.

I hope you're all having a lovely Easter break and aren't as stressed as I am!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is very cute!

    I live in London and run a lifestyle blog - you may be interested in my blog too?

    www.cityhabit.blogspot.co.uk

    With love from London,

    Georgie Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it!

      I've checked out your blog and I love it, I'll definitely be reading more :)

      Hannah x

      Delete
  2. I've been looking at graduate schemes too and they all just seem so...boring! No idea what I'm gonna do after =| xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad I'm not the only one! It's soooo hard! xxx

      Delete