30/01/13 - Healthy Courgette Soup

Soup is my go-to simple meal; you can make a big batch when you have a spare hour and eat it for the whole week if you fancy!  Freeze it, refrigerate it, or do what I do and offer it around to your housemates.  It's warm and comforting, and most importantly for students; really cheap.  You just need some vegetables and a kettle, really.  Much more cost-effective and better for you than synthetic tinned soups.

Today's recipe is not one of my own - I borrowed it from the wonderful Gemma of Gemsmaquillage.  But it's really tasty, super healthy and one of the easiest things in the world.  You can find Gemma's recipe on her blog here and I'll pop the video below.  



Personally, I adapted it a little to suit my own tastes; for some reason, I found my soup to be a little bitter so I cooked up some carrots as an afterthought and popped them in to add some sweetness.












As you can see, really simple and perfect to whip up at a weekend for weekday lunchtimes.  I have taken to having a soup starter while my tea cooks, because I have no patience.  My housemates all seem to be suffering with various cold-type symptoms at the moment, so hopefully this will go down well with them, alongside a Lemsip and a hot water bottle.

What's your favourite soup recipe?  I always like to try new things, so pop suggestions down in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I need to try this. My favorite has to be my own turkey soup recipe as its made to taste I can get it just perfect for me.

    I may stick a post of it on my blog if your interested?

    Laura
    laura-k.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, I always love reading new recipes :D

      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! My favorite soup is definitely my mom's butternut squash soup! It's out of this world. My recipe for hot and sour soup is definitely a close second -- not only is it delicious, it's also SUPER detoxifying, as in my skin starts glowing after the first sip (not kidding). Here's the recipe! http://cannella-vita.blogspot.com/2013/01/vegetarian-hot-and-sour-soup.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah yes, I saw that on your blog; definitely want to try it soon! I'll let you know how it goes :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds delicious, I'll have to try it!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it - so quick and easy :D

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I always seem to put off making soups thinking that they take too much time and are too much hassle however this recipe looks so tasty and easy that I'm definitely going to have to give it a go!
    Katie
    x
    http://katieskitchenjournal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I find soup so easy to do and there's so many varieties! Once you get into soup-making, it can become addictive :P

      Definitely give it a go, and I'm going to check out your blog now!

      xxx

      Delete