03/01/13 - A beautiful winter wedding!

I've mentioned a few times on here the fact that I was going to be a bridesmaid for my cousin Sarah this December...and if you follow me on Twitter, you're probably fed up to the back teeth of me talking about it!  Well, after all the fittings and excitement and travelling around, the day has finally been and gone.  I don't quite know what to do with myself now that I don't have the wedding to look forward to any more!

As you can probably tell, I am not responsible for the pictures in this post - we all know how bad my photographic skills are.  All the photos are courtesy of Sarah's friend, Fiona Curtlin, who did an amazing job of snapping away through the whole day!  


  

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, despite the hideous weather!  But even the continuous rain couldn't dampen anyone's mood and it certainly didn't stop the bride looking stunning in ivory and gold with a long trailing veil - Grace Kelly definitely sprung to mind as soon as we all saw her.  As the groom himself so aptly put it; "Phwoar!"  





Despite the initial worry that I wouldn't be able to squeeze into my dress (too many mince pies over Christmas!), everything was fine and the bridesmaids all looked beautiful - if I do say so myself!  Even my curls stayed put right into the reception and until the early hours of the morning, something that never normally happens.




The little jackets and gloves were much appreciated in the chilly December weather - blue bridesmaids and flowergirls don't look good on wedding photos!

The church was gorgeously decorated, and the ceremony itself was really moving with two readings from the bride and groom's respective brothers and a rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah beautifully sung by one of the best men's sister.  I'm not going to pretend that I didn't get a little choked up at points - it was just so brilliant to see Sarah and Jon so happy, after everything that went into planning the day.  





The reception was held at the City Rooms in Leicester, and the whole thing was incredible.  There was a room downstairs where we had drinks before the meal with 'It's a Wonderful Life' projected onto the wall - a really nice festive touch!  Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the food as I wasn't in possession of my camera at the time, but rest assured it was brilliant.  After eating, there was a seventeen-piece big band playing some swing classics which really got people up on their feet.  There was also the hilarious 'hen dance'; everyone who went on the hen weekend performing a group routine to a mash-up of different songs ending with the bride donning gold MC Hammer pants for the grand finale of 'Can't Touch This'.  Most of the hens were convinced that they couldn't remember it, but it went better than expected and people seemed to enjoy it!  From start to finish, the day was just perfect.



White chocolate icing - perfection!


The newlyweds are currently on their honeymoon in New Zealand, which I'm sure is incredible!  I hope they enjoyed the day as much as everyone else, and I know they're going to have the long and happy life together that they deserve.




Congratulations Mr and Mrs Palmer!

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Hannah! All the photos are lovely, glad it was a great day :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! Yeah, it was a lovely day and the photos do justice to just how gorgeous everything was :) xx

      Delete
  2. OMG these are such lovely photos :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're stunning, really show how amazing the day was :) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog beautiful bridesmaid! Fi did a great job didn't she?! Thanks for everything you did to help make it such an AMAZING day! Love you lots, Mrs P ;-) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for asking me to be part of your special day - it really was incredible :D xxx

      Delete