11/12/12 - So here it is...Merry Christmas!

It's that time of year again but in the life of a third year university student, Christmas isn't quite as magical as it used to be when I was little.  This year, it means deadlines, spending a lot of money I can't afford, and working as much as I can to compensate for spending so much.  The freezing weather and little bit of snow we've had is less fun when you're paying for your own bills and can't afford to put the heating on.  Also, as my cousin is getting married a few days after Christmas, this festive season is going to be pretty hectic.  But this week, I've been making the most of having handed in my essays and having a little bit of time before my Christmas full of research essays and long shifts begins.  

First, we had our little house Christmas - Secret Santa presents and Dominoes takeaway, finished off with mulled wine and watching The Holiday.  Absolutely perfect.  I love my housemates to bits.



It can be hard to feel festive in a student house, so I 'invested' in some Christmas bedding!  Not only does it look fun, it's really warm and cosy as well.  Primark have done themselves proud.



It's also a time for catching up with people.  Even though we see each other every week (and more recently, with our showcase rehearsals, practically every day), the Performing Arts exec committee went for one last coffee of 2012.  It was also quite a big deal as Anna, our treasurer and musical director, is leaving us next semester to do a placement in Leeds...she will be greatly missed!

Chocolate orange hot chocolate and a warm brownie - heaven!

This coffee happened the day after our society Christmas meal; it was really nice to get everyone together and eat some delicious food before hitting Piper, a local club, in full festive gear!


Oh, and I dyed my hair darker!




And then tomorrow, I'm heading home.  It's really strange to think that I've had my last Christmas at university - this time next year, who knows where I'll be and what I'll be doing?  But I'm not going to dwell on that!  I'm going to head home to get spoiled by my lovely family (unless the novelty wears off and they get fed up of me), catch up with all my friends that I haven't seen for months, and eat my weight in mince pies.

What are your plans this Christmas?  I hope you all have a wonderful festive season, no matter what you're doing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the holiday bed sheets are fantastic! Great photos :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove them! Best Christmas purchase I've made this year :D

      I hope you have a wonderful festive season, Jen :)

      xx

      Delete